In this tutorial, we learn how to speak English: The glottal stop in place of the true T. When you are saying a word like "fountain" you are using a word that has a glottal stop. If you can say two common expressions "uh-oh" and "uh-uh", then you can make a glottal stop. You need to use your throat to make this sound, it's like holding your breath but using the back of your throat to do it. Try to break the word "fountain" into two different parts so you can hear the different in your voice and make the glottal stop obvious. Try doing this with different words, then you will become more familiar with this and will have more ease saying other words with glottal stops.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades