In this Language video tutorial you will learn how to report another person's words. In other words how to restate what someone else said. This video focuses on two aspects. #1. What's the difference between quoted and reported speech? #2. When can we use say and tell? In quoted speech you quote the exact words spoken by a person within inverted commas or quotation marks. It is also called direct speech. Here is an example. Jennifer said, "I like birthdays." Whereas, reported speech does not use the exact words of the speaker. Here is an example. Jennifer said that she liked birthdays. Reported speech does not use quotation marks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades