Learn how to pronounce the 'ng' sound in American English. This video provides a basic guide for pronunciations for ESL students.
The ng, N-G sound, is similar to the nn, N sound, but it's a different part of the tongue that raises. In the ng sound, it's actually the middle-back part of the tongue that raises, to touch the middle-back of the roof of the mouth. Therefore the sound feels more like it comes from here, rather than the nn, N sound which is much more forward-feeling. As you can see, the jaw drops just a bit, ng, but the mouth remains in a neutral position. Sample words: thing, singing, wing. Sample sentence: Studying English is rewarding.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades